Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie's in Review: "The King's Speech"

I wasn't rushing to the theatres to see this film, because I thought the trailer was interesting, but not interesting enough. Well I'm happy that the movie I wanted to see was sold out, forcing me to view this because I absolutely loved everything about it. A period piece about a king's stammer. I just couldn't see how that would keep me entertained. That goes to show that when simple things are done right, it's absolute perfection.

Colin Firth was excellent as King George IV. Every time he stammered I wanted to slap the words out of him, but I also felt his discomfort and embarrassment. Can someone tell me if the pitch of his voice is actually that whiny? Geoffrey Rush played his speech therapist, and the two made for a very remarkable pair. Oh Lionel...loved him. And we can't forget about Helena Bonham Carter, who was a wonderful queen. With the outstanding cast, writing, you will easily find yourself caught up in this stammering King. I give this film an A. There was nothing that I did not enjoy about this film. Of course if your not into period pieces, then this isn't your film. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment