Monday, November 29, 2010

Movies in Review: "Burlesque"

I'm guessing that this movie was filmed before Aguilera turned into an oompa loompa, because she looked absolutley amazing! As did Cher. Although I know Cher is knifed all up, I don't care, she looks gorgeous for her age, and thats the best knife job I have seen...you go girl! Ok now that I'm done giving props for beauty...back to the review.

This movie has more than enough of singing and dancing in it. So if thats not your cup of tea, I'd advise you not see this film. But I would say that you would definitley be missing out. The dance performances were remarkable, costumes were great...and the singing...SMH. Chrisitina Aguilera...need I say more! That girl can SANG!!! And it didn't stop there, because Cher did her thing with the vocals too. It was a pleasure seeing Cher back on the big screen, and I loved her character. She and Stanely Tucci (her best friend & stage manager) made for the cutest pair. Every song they did was done in it's entirety, and they still were able to incorporate a decent story line...Brava. It really captured burlesque and made it fun. I had my doubts about this movie, but all have been removed. I give it a B-!

No comments:

Post a Comment