Monday, November 29, 2010

Movies in Review: "Love & Other Drugs"

What's not to like about a movie that has Jake Gyllenhaal running around all types of naked...Yum! Besides beautiful shots of Gyllenhaal, the movie was not short on sex. He and Hathaway were getting it in in more than enough scenes, to the point where all the sex was making me exhausted...SMH. So outside of the sex, was the movie any good? I would have to say that it was. The story was decent, and touched on a serious topic that might hit home for some people. Hathaway is not one of my favorite actresses, and was almost the reason I was gonna pass on this movie. But I must admit that I quite enjoyed her performance in this film. The persona she brought to her character, I believed and enjoyed.

 This movie made me laugh, with Gyllenhaal's brother creating the biggest comic relief. I loved him, and he was great. This movie might also tear at your heart and make you cry. But as with most movies like this, the ending was no surprise. So if you just want something that will make you laugh, cry, and most importantly, entertained, then this movie isn't bad. I give it a B!

No comments:

Post a Comment