Monday, November 8, 2010

Movies in Review: "For Colored Girls"

I must admit that Tyler Perry's films were on a downward spiral for me. But I'm glad to say that the man is back with this one. I never read the book, or saw the play, but from my understanding it was written like a poem. And that's not hard to tell from this movie. With the complexity of the play, I thought Perry did a great job of adapting it to a film. The actresses he cast were absolutely amazing. I can't say who my favorite was, but it was between Phylicia, Loretta, and Thandie. Although that is not to take away from any of the other women.

The tragedy in the story will have your jaws drop, as well as the stories of each of the ladies. I think we all could relate or know someone, in each of those characters. It was long as hell, and the poetic dialogue was becoming a bit much for me, but it was still enjoyable. Kudos Perry!...I give you a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment