Monday, November 8, 2010

Movies in Review: "127 Hours"

All I have to say is OUCH!!! Had a brief reading of what this film was about. I knew it was going to be the story of the man who cut his arm off...Hmmmmm...ok fair enough. James Franco is playing this character...ok that's good enough for me to go see, especially when they are talking about Oscar nods and all. I agree, after seeing this film, I would have to say that the nods are well deserved. I mean the emotional roller coaster he takes you through with this character, the loneliness, crazy delirium is just all too real.

I must admit though that when he first got stuck, I was getting a little bored with his attempts to get out. But as time passes you can actually feel the things that are going through his head. With the thoughts of your life, wishing you had done things differently, running out of water...and just seeing the situation your in as the place you're going to die...SMH...Crazy. When they finally got to the part where he does the deed, I could not keep my eyes on the screen, and had to cover my ears to keep from hearing the sound of bones and flesh being broken. OMG! To cut your arm off, or to die...which would you do? The directing was good, and Franco was excellent...B+ rating from me. And after seeing this film, you will never walk out the house without letting someone know where you are going....for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment