Monday, December 10, 2018

Movies in Review: "BumbleBee"

BUMBLEBEE!!!!! Come on...who doesn't love them some Bumblebee? I think he's like the most loved autobot in the Transformer universe. I was uber excited when there were talks of giving Bee his own movie. It was about time! However, my excitement faded a little when I saw the trailer. Am I the only one who was a little skeptical about how good this film would be after seeing this trailer. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the trailer really didn't do too much for me, but that still wasn't going to keep me from seeing this film. Needless to say, my expectations were slightly lowered, having me walk into the theater crossing my fingers that this film did Bumblebee justice.

I walked out of this film with the biggest smile on my face. This film easily exceeded all of my expectations. Thanks to this film the Transformer franchise has been resuscitated, after dying 2 films ago...lol. This movie has a fairly decent story, but most importantly, humor. In the last few Transformer films the films were too focused on over the top explosions and action sequences and missed what made these films great, and that's great characters, decent storyline and humor. I smiled so hard in this film, and I loved that the fight sequences weren't over the top, but instead well done. Which made them more powerful. There are plenty of applause and oohhhhh aahhhhhhh moments to keep you satisfied. I do have one complaint, but I'm going to keep it to myself as expressing it would give too much of the movie away.

Bumblebee is life, and you won't want to miss this movie. This is a fun family movie that everyone will love. The movie starts out a bit wonky, but it doesn't take long for things to get on track. You will find yourself smiling and applauding to the end...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment