Monday, December 17, 2018

Movies in Review: "The Mule"

I love me an Eastwood movie. Movies he has directed have yet to fail me, and I had the same expectations from this new movie. Interesting enough he teamed up with Nick Schenk, the writer for this film, who is also the same man who wrote Gran Torino, another film Eastwood directed, and I loved. From what I watched in the trailer the story looked a bit slow, but still interesting. I always seem to get this film from his films, however I usually get a great story and far more than I expected when I watch the film. I find his trailers intriguing that way. I walked into the theater with confidence that I would walk out satisfied.

Don't let that trailer fool you, this movie is good...very good. Eastwood still has it. He still has the acting chops to play characters flawlessly. I loved him as the 90yr old drug mule Earl Stone. His character will have you loving him and angry with him all at the same time. This movie had me smiling, laughing and at times sad. The writing was excellent and luckily this movie didn't move at the pace of a 90yr old man...lol. I can't imagine this film being based off of a real story, but it is...wow.

This is a movie for people who like good movies. There is no over the top production or well-choreographed action sequences, just well-developed characters played by great actors delivering a story and delivering it well. I enjoyed this movie as much as I love all of the other films directed by Eastwood...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment