Monday, March 19, 2018

Movies in Review: "Tomb Raider"

I am not the biggest fan of remakes and reboots. I think it lacks creativity trying to throw the same story at us with new characters added into the roles ~shrugs. I was never a huge fan of Angelina Jolie, and therefore never watched the original Tomb Raider films, but know of its following from the video game. However, I am a fan of Alicia Vikander, and didn't mind seeing her in this role for the reboot. I had no doubt Vikander would deliver, however I was still unsure about my preference for the film.

Eh...Vikander definitely kicked ass and was the best thing about this movie. Her action sequences, although completely unbelievable, were fun to watch. She kills in an action role, and her physique will have you rethinking that summer body you gave up working on...ijs...lol. I wasn't impressed with the story or writing. There was nothing really exceptional about this reboot, in my opinion, to make me want to see this reboot continue. Vikander was great, but the action sequences were so far-fetched, it was hard to believe they were survivable. Vikander only received a few scratches in the film but in reality, what she went through would have seriously left her mangled. Although interesting sequences, you want to at least feel like it would have been possible for your heroin to actually survive and not feel like it was all fake...ijs.

I wasn't expecting to love this film. I expected to like Vikander, and I did. The rest of the movie was just ok, and I seriously could have waited for its television release. It is unlikely I will follow this reboot all the way through for another film. Vikander was the only upgrade from this reboot, everything else about this movie was just stale...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment