Monday, March 19, 2018

Movies in Review: "Love, Simon"

Romantic comedy-dramas might be my favorite genre of movies. I have a weakness for great coming of age stories, they have the ability to warm my heart and usually put a smile on my face when I need it. I hadn't really heard much about Love, Simon, and I think I watched the trailer once, but once was all I needed. The trailer definitely captured my attention as a movie I wanted to see. I was more than excited to see this film and was set to have an enjoyable movie experience at the least. An enjoyable experience I did receive.

I kinda loved this movie from beginning to end. This movie is heartfelt. It drew me in and didn't let go until the credits rolled. I went through a number of emotions watching this film, I laughed and may have shed a tear, or at least felt like I could have...lol. The story was really well written and performed by a wonderful cast. My favorite characters without question were Simon (the main character), but also Tony Hale as the Vice Principal. I seriously wish I had him as a vice principal or even a teacher. He was great. I loved the spirit and enthusiasm he gave this character. I also enjoyed the Queer black kid they cast. His role was very powerful for the film. This film had all the elements you would want from a coming of age story, including the awkwardness, and crazy things kids do. This film has some really nice moments.

I felt great leaving the theater after watching this film, and of course I left with a smile. I love a film that can draw me in and evoke emotion and has me falling in love with the characters. This movie did all of that. If you are a fan of films like this, then this is one I recommend you see...A

No comments:

Post a Comment