Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Movies in Review: "Ingrid Goes West"

Many of you probably haven't heard of this film. There wasn't much promotion for it, although it was a hit at the Sundance film festival. I've seen the theatrical poster around, but it sparked no interest in me seeing the film. It wasn't until I finally watched the trailer and my level of interest peaked. Honestly I probably would have let this movie pass me by even after seeing the trailer because I'm not the biggest fan of Elizabeth Olsen. She's not the worst actress and I do have some respect for her work, but sometimes she really misses the mark and can be too dramatic ~shrugs. However O'shea Jackson Jr. was in this flick, and I've been waiting to catch him in something since his successful performance playing his father in Straight Outta Compton. I thought he showed a great deal of talent in that film, but then again, how hard is it to play the man who raised you...lol. I had little expectations for this movie, I was just hoping to see another great performance from O'shea.

You will definitely walk out of the theater thinking how crazy social media makes people. This movie is a comedic reality check. I absolutely loved this film. So much so, I would definitely watch it more than once. The cast was excellent, even Elizabeth Olsen, who was definitely one of my favorite characters in this film. Well, to be quite honest, I enjoyed all the performances equally as much. Everyone worked off each other so well. No one stole the show, but each shined as equally in each scene. I shuddered at the social media references and laughed heartedly throughout. Kudos to O'shea, because he was spot on. I would definitely love to see him in future roles. His talent was a pleasure to watch.


This movie was right up my alley. Great story and performances that were all quirky and off the beaten path. Movies like these are always a breath of fresh air. This movie feels like more of a chick flick, but there is definitely some enjoyment to be had for my male counterparts...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment