Monday, August 21, 2017

Movies in Review: "The Hitman's Bodyguard"

It's always a yes for me for most action comedy films, especially when they star Ryan Reynold's and Samuel Jackson. Did you see the trailer for this film...lol? Every time I watched the trailer I was cracking up. So I was quite surprised when I noticed critics bashing it. I don't read critic reviews, I just look at their scores, and the scores this film received were far below what it looked like it deserved. However we all know critics aren't regular movie-goers like you and myself. In my opinion they've lost touch on what audiences really enjoy. But no worries, that's why I'm here...lol. I admit the low scores dampened my excitement but it still wasn't enough to keep me from purchasing a ticket.

Not sure why critics dumped on this film so badly, because it had all the ingredients I love in a film like this. This film didn't fall short on comedy or action. It wasn't the best film I've seen, as some scenes were a bit over the top, but it served its purpose very well and was fun an entertaining to watch throughout. The back and forth between Reynold's and Jackson is enough in itself to see this film. They were absolutely hilarious and great together. Salma Hayek was the icing on the cake...lol. The action scenes were at times a little unbelievable, but still fun to watch. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't totally engaged in this film, and that counts for something.


Not the best written film you've seen, but do you usually watch action films for the writing??? The action was great and the comedic performances were on point. I laughed out loud and this film kept my interest until the credits rolled. This is a fun and entertaining film that I think you would enjoy, be it matinee, Redbox, or a date night out...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment