Monday, May 23, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Nice Guys"

I laugh at this trailer every time I think about it. All I can think about is Ryan Gosling squealing like a little girl, or the scene where he's freaking the hell out in the car...lol. I had to see this movie just for this and to see Gosling and Crowe in action together. I love both of these men as actors, and I had a feeling this was one I didn't want to miss.

Wow...I expected the movie to be good, but I got more than I expected. I loved almost everything about this movie. I love how Gosling morphs perfectly into every character he plays. There was something some sweet and quirky about Detective March, and Gosling nailed it. Crowe has played the tough guy before, but it was the dynamic between him and Gosling that made this a winner. There was a young actress who played Gosling's daughter. I was worried she might get annoying, but she was like and additional partner and only added to its appeal. The story was out of left field and I had no idea where it was headed with added shock moments to keep you on your toes.


Buddy comedy films are here and there, but this was one that worked. It felt harmonized instead of conflicting. I was more than pleased by this one, and I think you will be to...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment