Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Movies in Review: "Alice Through the Looking Glass"

Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorite movies in 2010. Not only was it visually stunning, but was matched by a story that was told perfectly. I still smile thinking about that film, so you know I was more than happy when I saw the trailer for this second installment. I think my mouth dropped to the floor as I sat in my seat clapping like a little girl...needless to say I was excited. I think I have been anticipating this movie the most. I had expectations, but nothing I thought this movie couldn't meet.

Yes yes yes...just as visually beautiful, fun and entertaining as the first. I absolutely enjoyed this one. Critics have slammed this movie saying the story was underwhelming, but I beg to differ. I found the story to be very cute and a decent way to move the story. I enjoyed the storyline of the 2 sister's fallen relationship, and also getting into the Mad Hatter's family. I also found Sacha Baron Cohen as Time to be a great addition. The costumes were gorgeous, and the film visually remarkable. I enjoyed all performance, especially Johnny Depp's. This is one of my favorite roles from him. Anne Hathaway would probably be my only complaint. But I often find her performances annoying, which was the case in this film ~shrugs.

I have no idea what more critics wanted from this movie. I was more than pleased by what I watched on the screen, and so were the other patrons in the audience as the film received a grand applause. I loved this one almost as much as I loved the first, and I think you will too...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment