Monday, May 9, 2016

Movies in Review: "Captain American: Civil War"

Civil War was definitely the hot ticket this weekend, and it killed at the box office. I know I was definitely looking forward to this one. This was one of my top movies to see this summer. The anticipation built from months of waiting for it to be released. After seeing the trailer months ago, I had very high expectations...but perhaps a little too high...

Some of you die hard comic book fans may not agree with what I have to say about this film, but it is what it is...my blog...my point of view ~shrugs. The movie was great, especially the story line. Definitely gave the movie a nice turn of events, and a jaw dropping moment near the end. However, to me, the movie still lacked power. I thought the story was building up when they introduced the other Winter Soldiers, but that part of story quickly fell flat, and I didn't receive the buildup I expected. I enjoyed the introduction of the other Marvel heroes into the story. My favorite was the kid who played Spiderman. He honestly didn't seem like he fit, but he was very well cast, and I enjoyed his performance. Everyone was all hyped about Black Panther, and I had a hard time seeing him as a man in a cat suit and not mistaking him for Cat Woman. Those claws were killing me. He was kickass, but those feline claws kept throwing me off...Meow! #ICan't.

The fight scenes were excellence, and choreographed very well. I know some may disagree with this complaint, but there was just way to much kick/punch/kick/punch for me. When I got to see a Superhero movie, I expect to see some Superhero ish, and there wasn't too much of that going on. Even Iron Man seemed weak in this movie. None of his Superhero gadgets were spectacular, and he always has something amazing. Not this time. Half the time his armor wasn't working, and I wasn't a fan of the new voice that replaced "Jarvis"...eh.


I enjoyed the movie, I really did. I just didn't think it was all that super. I had higher expectations that weren't met. This movie is packed with great action scenes and a nice storyline to run with it. But the superheroes cast for this installment weren't the most exciting. I really could have used a Hulk Smash to liven things up...ijs. This is still a movie you still want to see because it was really good. But if you are expecting what I expected, just lower your expectations a tad...A- 

No comments:

Post a Comment