Monday, May 23, 2016

Movies in Review: "Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising"

I was completely stoked about this sequel! I loved the first movie, and my mouth dropped to the floor when I watched the trailer for this second installment...Yes! The sequel now involving a sorority looked like a nice move that made sense. So needless to say, my expectations were on the mountain top for this one, and I was ready to laugh.

I think I walked into this one expecting a bit too much, because I walked out of the theater just feeling ok ~shrugs. What I loved about the first movie was the element of surprise with the humor. Everything came out of left field in the first movie and had me hysterically laughing. Unfortunately this sequel didn't. Although I like the story of the sorority, I can't say I really liked the main characters of the sorority. They were nowhere as great as the guys in the last film. The writing for this movie wasn't as great as the first, so the humor wasn't where it should have been. I loved Zac Efron in the first movie, but he was uber annoying in this one...No Bueno. Did I mention the writing...smh. Honestly if the writing was better this movie would have been a smash. I still enjoyed the dynamic between Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne. They were great and their family dynamic still the same...thank goodness. This installment was a bit slow and didn't get really funny until the garage scene...freaking hilarious. 


This movie had chuckle worthy moments, but nowhere near the belly laughs I had from the first one. I'm happy at the attempt on this second film, but disappointed that it wasn't as good as it could have been. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either...it was ok...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment