Monday, September 15, 2014

Movies in Review: "No Good Deed"

No matter how many times I watched the trailer for this movie, there was nothing in me that got excited to see it. I love Taraji and Idris, but this movie didn't look worth anything. So needless to say, my expectations for this movie were very low...and it is a good thing that they were...

This is a movie I would call "For Shits and giggles", because I was watching it knowing it was bad, but still found it entertaining enough to keep me interested. Point blank, the story was awful. Talk about predictable. Why did everyone seem so surprised by that so called "twist" at the end...really!? The twist didn't shock me one bit, in fact, I found myself rolling my eyes at this story. But as bad as my review sounds so far, there were things that I enjoyed. I did find parts of the movie to be thrilling. Idris played the hell out of a malignant narcissist. Every move he made had me on the edge of my seat. Taraji was also great. Although some scenes with her and Idris were hard to believable, they were still very entertaining to watch.

This story had so many holes it's hard to say this movie was good. But the performances from Elba and Taraji definitely gave this review a boost. I had to mull over my true feeling for this one for a while, because I actually walked out of the theater entertained, but I also knew this movie was no good...lol. My advice to you is go see this one with low expectations and you may find it more entertaining...C+

3 comments:

  1. Just got back from seeing it at a Sony Screening.. you could not be more spot on!! hahahaha Love Idris & Taraji also..but I couldn't stop laughing at some really bad ohsopredictable parts.. and why couldn't they have just put on the lights like 2 secs earlier when Idris got out of the shower..for chrissakes..damn PG13 rating..hahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! Everyone is complaining about that Idris scene...lol. I felt like I saw enough to get the picture...lol. As u were laughing I found myself sucking my teeth because the audience acted as if they could see half this stuff coming...lol. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I mean if you're gonna have a home invasion..and it's idris..I might not be so pissed.. ha!

    ReplyDelete