Monday, September 22, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Maze Runner"

Who hasn't been looking forward to this one? I know I was. The theatrical trailer for this one was well done. I was expecting nothing but a great movie, but I guess I should have done some research about the movie first, then maybe I would have left the movie more satisfied...

This movie opens well, and everything else after is greatness. There are great visuals, an intriguing story line, and a phenomenal performances by the young cast. There is great suspense, I found myself jumping in my seat more than once. The movie moves at a nice pace so interest isn't lost. I just wish I knew that this movie was the first installment of a series, because I was completely satisfied with the movie until it ended...and you know how I hate empty endings. This movie built my emotions up, only to leave me flat in the end. Although it is a series, there had to be a better way to end it right? Most series end with you anticipating the next installment. This one ended with me rolling my eyes and caring less about the next movie. Which is bad, because for the most part the movie was pretty great...but that ending...smh...

I didn't leave the theater the happiest, but I did enjoy everything about this movie that happened before the end. I'm sure most of you will enjoy this, and won't leave the theater as vexed as I did...lol. Other than the ending, it is a pretty decent movie...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment