Monday, September 15, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Drop"

I saw the trailer for this movie only once for the first time last weekend. I had heard nothing about this movie before this trailer, but this was all I needed to confirm it as a must see for me. If you have never heard about this movie, it stars the late James Gandolfini, and the oh so sexy Tom Hardy...see insert...



Beard or no beard it still equals GORGEOUS! Ok...back to my review...

Besides being a fan of Hardy's good looks, I am also a huge fan of his body of work,,. Lawless, and Warrior just to name a few of his movies. My expectations were right where they needed to be for this movie and its phenomenal cast, and I got everything I expected.

Let me just say the movie felt weird...not bad...but the way the story flowed was weird, but it was this weirdness that made the film more intriguing and unexpected. Hardy was flawless as Bob. His character seems of centered, and this is what makes him intriguing. He felt like a mystery, and you will find yourself trying to figure out his angle. Hardy was definitely my favorite character, but I also enjoyed the performance from Matthias as Eric Deeds. Matthias's character also added to that strange weirdness I kept feeling through the film. He and Hardy worked so well off each other, and you will find yourselves stunned by the end.

This movie was almost perfection for me. I love watching a movie that catches me completely off guard. This movie is filled with interesting characters and great story. It feels a little empty in spots, but it works for the story. If you haven't heard of it, it is my recommendation you put it on your list to watch...A-

2 comments:

  1. I saw @tomhardyire RT out your review.. good job! I was able to catch a screening of it last week and gave it a B- and yes I did love Tom Hardy in it also.. oh..and I am seeing 'No Good Deed' tonight..and while I love me some Idris also..I have a feeling your review is going to be spot on.. come check out my stuff too if you can.. peggyatthemovies.com cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! Yeah I was pretty excited about that :). This movie had me so intrigued, and Tom Hardy and the character Eric Deeds had me totally thrown in left field by the time the movie ended. I like when I am caught off guard, so this movie appealed to me a bit more. Thanks for reading! I will def check out your page!

    ReplyDelete