Monday, August 11, 2014

Movies in Review: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

I think I was the only one who wasn't excited to see this movie. As a matter of fact, I was this close to letting this pass me by. The only reason I went to see it was because I was pissed about paying to see Into the Storm...lol, and also everyone else seemed to think it was going to be good...surprisingly...they were right.

The trailer for this movie did not appeal to me at all. The motion-action characters looked sooooo creepy, especially Splinter. Omg...Splinter looked so gross. I wanted to Shredder to kill him immediately just so I wouldn't have to look at him for the rest of the movie...lol. The turtles looked creepy also, and it was hard to see them as Teenagers, they looked like grown ass man turtles...smh. It took me a while to get use to their voices too. Was it me, or did all their voices just seem wrong for each character, well except for Michelangelo, he was pretty awesome. Megan Fox wouldn't have been my choice for April O'Neill, and was another reason I wasn't interested in seeing movie. Megan wasn't great, but her performance was better than I expected...so kudos to her for not ruining this movie for me...lol.

Although the characters were creepy to look at, everything else about the movie was pretty great, especially the action scenes, although sometimes corny, still very entertaining. The scene that did it for me was the car chase down the mountain...that was amazing. I also enjoyed the humor. I found myself laughing a lot, which added to the movie's entertainment value.

I was expecting this movie to flop, and found myself surprised when it didn't. The adults in the theater enjoyed it, and I think you and your family will too...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment