Monday, August 4, 2014

Movies in Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy"

I was on the fence with this movie. I don't follow comic books, so this story and the characters, to me just looked like a weird bunch. Besides that, as much as I like Chris Pratt, I couldn't really picture him as a comic book hero. But I am a marvel hero movie fan, regardless of what I thought, there was no way I was going to miss it...lol

I am shocked at how much fun this movie was, and how much I enjoyed it. This movie was kinda freakin awesome...lol. Nothing made this movie more fun than the characters and the actors performances. I loved each character, who all brought their own dynamic that made for a very entertaining movie. I usually have a favorite character, but I enjoyed them all. Pratt was so cute and entertaining to watch as Starlord. Saldana as Gamora was so badass. I do wish her make-up was a little more interesting instead of being so green, but whatever, that would probably be my only complaint. Drax, Groot, and Rocket played by Bautista, Diesel, and Cooper, round out the this wonderful band of Guardians.

The action sequences and visual effects were great, but the best part about this movie for me was the humor. This movie had me laughing almost non-stop, especially at the end...lol...Groot! I enjoyed the the humor was subtle and not forced. This is a movie I would definitely add to my collection for repeated viewing. So much entertainment the family will enjoy it...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment