Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Movies in Review: "Lucy"

Lucy has been on my anticipated top ten summer movie list. The theatrical trailer for this movie was so intriguing, and you know Johansson always puts it down in an action flick. I was expecting great things from this film. Unfortunately my excitement going into the theater didn't match my feelings coming out :(

Ummmmm...hmmmmm...u ever not know how to define your feelings about something? I'm having this problem with my review for this film. Ummmmm...I can't say I didn't like it because I thought Johansson was excellent and the action was good, the story was ok...but uh...Wth was the point again...I missed it. The movie was great, but then suddenly went in a direction that was just weird (to put it plainly). Why was Lucy the only one of the drug mules who was put in prison? What was the deal with the scenes where Lucy was almost at 100%, when she kept going back and forth in time...weird. Then the white room, turning into matter thing...weird. And did anyone notice the police sergeant had a flip phone? I didn't feel fulfilled by this movie, and left the theater with a screw face of sorts. There are people who disagree with how I view this movie, so just head my review as a warning.

This movie wasn't horrible and has great entertainment value. But ummmmm...wth really? I didn't like where the story went in the end. I wanted this movie to be so much better than what it was...Ugh!...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment