Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Purge: Anarchy"

Excuse me for my late posts, but I haven't been able to make it into the theaters for a few weeks. I was gone, but hopefully not forgotten ;). I was able to catch up this week though...sooooo...how about that Purge...lol. I was surprised I liked the first installment, and was definitely thinking this second one would be an epic fail. Well the joke was on me because I enjoyed the second a little more than the first...ha!

What made this movie better was that the story wasn't centered around one family. We some interesting characters who were purging or just trying to survive the night. I enjoyed the story for this movie better, but the acting left a little to be desired. Most of the female characters were too dramatic. They were honestly annoying the hell out of me so bad, I was hoping someone would take them out...lol. The movie had great entertainment value by adding the two crews sent out to round-up people for the rich to purge on. The guy with the machine gun in the truck was ill! I loved the crew with the skateboards and motorcycles, especially when they were finally able to speak. My favorite part about this movie was they brought back Dwayne from the first movie with a story-line that made sense...kudos.

The acting ability was low but the entertainment value made up for it. It's not a perfect movie, but it's good enough to check it out...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment