Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Movies in Review: "Hercules"

When I first watched the trailer for this movie, I said, you can't be serious. I thought it was a joke. It looked like a movie that was trying to be serious but missed the mark, and I was thinking it had a lot to do with The Rock being cast as Hercules. I love Dwayne Johnson, and I think this was the only reason I went to see this movie...smh.

You know what? The movie wasn't all that bad...to my surprise. I still had a hard time taking Dwayne Johnson seriously, but his co-stars made him easier to bear. Actually the characters that were cast around him made the movie more entertaining. I was on the fence about how I enjoyed the movie, but I couldn't deny that I found the character Lolaus hilarious with his storytelling. Hercules's other mercenaries were all so different and very entertaining. The fight scenes were done well. Hercules teetered on being corny, but didn't cross the line.

I was thinking I wouldn't enjoy this movie at all, but I did. There won't be any Oscar nods coming from this film, but you won't find yourself bored with its content. Just try not to take it too seriously...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment