Monday, July 14, 2014

Movies in Review: "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"

Am I the only one who felt like this second installment of The Planet of the Apes would be disappointing? I don't know what it was about it that I didn't feel. I loved the theatrical poster for the film, but every time I watched the trailer, I got less interested. It didn't look like the story was headed in a strong direction. But I enjoyed the first one so much, there was still no way I would miss this one. I went into the theater with lower expectations than most of you I'm sure. Ummmmmm...Can you say All Hail Ceasar!!!

Da Da Da Damn Ceasar! This is one bad ape...holy smokes. The way Ceasar holds the fort down is too much for words. I'd like to applaud the special effects. Did you see those apes!? How human, but still ape-like did they look? The special effects were amazing! I apologize for how excited I am about this movie, but there was so much about it that was done well. The direction, story, nothing was left by the waste side, making for an almost perfect film. Koba was ill! This ape had no heart...loved it. The humans in the movie were secondary features, because the apes ruled every scene. Who didn't feel something when Koba tried to challenge Ceasar and Ceasar stood up...Omg...#ICant.

I could go on and on...but point blank...period...this is a summer Must See. I enjoyed the first more, but it doesn't even compare to this one...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment