Friday, May 3, 2013

Movies in Review: "Iron Man 3"

May is here, and what I like to call the start of summer movie madness! Iron Man 3 is being released today, and although highly anticipated my most, I didn't have the same excitement I felt after seeing the first and waiting to see the 2nd. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that I found the second installment of this series to be lack-luster, and left the theatre more than disappointed. The trailer for Iron man 3 looked good, but the distaste for 2 was holding me back from wanting to love it. Nevertheless this still didn't keep me from hitting my theatre up to see an early viewing. So how was it?????

Iron Man 3 is FREAKIN AMAZING!!! Shane Black sits in the directors chair for this 3rd installment, thank God, because I absolutely loved the direction for this movie. Iron Man fans get ready because this movie is an adventure overload. There are so many great action shots that seeing it in anything less than 3D would be a waste. I enjoyed the story, and appreciated them giving at least a little background on why the events happening are taking place. The villains in this movie are far better than in the earlier installments...Fire! (pun intended...lol).

I loved Starks comedic banter in the first movie, an element I thought was lost in the first. No worries, he is back to himself in this one, and you will find yourself enjoying the laughter. Robert Downey Jr., as always, was AMAZING. Another element that came together in this 3rd installment was the chemistry between Downey and Cheadle. I thought they were awkward on screen for the 2nd film, but none of that was to be seen in this one. I adore Stark's and Pepper's relationship, and s/o to Paltrow. That woman has a body that would put a 20yr old to shame...damn girl! I enjoyed this movie so much, I don't think I have one complaint, ok I do, but its so minor its really not worth mentioning...lol. All of the characters worked so well together. And I can't forget about the Iron Man brigade...Wow, you guys are in for a treat!

Take the kids because they are going to love it! Take your girl, take your man, go alone...May is starting off great because this is one movie that is well worth seeing. I saw it in IMAX 3D, and I recommend you do the same...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment