Monday, May 20, 2013

Movies in Review: "Star Trek Into Darkness"

The summer blockbusters are rolling in and making a huge splash. Star Trek Into Darkness charged in this weekend grabbing the #1 slot at the box office, finally knocking out Iron Man 3. This is the 2nd installment for this Star Trek film series, and I was greatly looking forward to its release.

Fortunately for all Trek fans, and myself, this 2nd installment did not fail to disappointment. The movie started out great and ended just as good. There was not a dull moment in this movie, and the addition of actor Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan sent this film over the top. All of the wonderful actors from the earlier film returned to bring us animated joy in this one. Although I enjoyed all the characters as a whole, I did feel that Karl Urban layed it on a bit too heavy at times as Dr. McCoy. As great as I thought he was in the first movie, it felt more like he had his "acting" hat on in this one, instead of making me feel like he was the real McCoy like in the first (pun intended)...lol.

I enjoyed the story and action in this film, although it felt like it ran into extra innings that weren't actually needed. With a 2hr + running time, it felt like this movie could have used being cut 15-20min short...ijs. I also didn't see this one in 3D and didn't feel like I was missing anything special because of it, so it's totally up to you if you want to spend the extra cash for the glasses and wider screen.

All in all  I enjoyed it and think you and the kids, especially the boys will love it...B++! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment