Sunday, May 26, 2013

Movies in Review: "Fast & Furious 6"

I have been a fan of this series only since the 4th installment. But I have been hooked since then. As much as I look forward to seeing the next installment, I also find myself not being able to get to excited because I'm thinking there is no way they would be able to top the last movie. So I walk into the theater with this thought, and again left the theater trying to figure out how in the hell they outdid the last installment again...smh...

Fast & Furious 6 was AMAZING!!! Just when you think there are no more tricks in the bag, you find yourself loosing your mind when you find there is a new and even more exciting bag of tricks. I can't take it...smh. From the opening scene there is nothing but pure action. This movie is an action adrenaline rush. What I enjoyed most about this movie is that there are a number of strong characters that were added to bring depth to the film. Praises to Luke Evans as Shaw. Him and his team put this movie on a totally different level. They also added MMA fighter Gina Carano, whose acting skills I am not a fan of, but who I also found to be another great addition to this movie. She was perfect for this movie, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that she was fighting more than talking...thank God...lol.

Speaking of fighting...Holy Smokes!!! The action sequences were choreographed to perfection. The only fault I found was in the airplane scene, only because there is no way you will find a runway that damn long...seriously pushed it with that sequence, but it was still great to watch. In addition to the action, the characters all seemed real comfortable with each other, making the comedy in the film seem effortless. The humor added to the entertainment. The movie gives you a bang for your buck...and then some. By far this one is the best out of the series, and I don't think I can handle what they are going to do next...A-!!! GO SEE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment