Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Movies in Review: "Suburbicon"

I was definitely on the fence about this movie because the trailer was off kilter, but I've found that most films directed by George Clooney are, and I've still enjoyed them. Not to mention the film starred Matt Damon, so I thought maybe the film would make more sense than the trailer did, and decided to take my chances with this film. However I was a little thrown off when I saw the rating rotten tomatoes gave it, but they have been wrong before.

This time Rotten Tomatoes rating got it right. This movie was a hot mess. To make it even worse, after watching the film, the trailer actually made more sense than the whole movie did. I did not understand what was going in on in this film, from a twin sister that steps in the place of her dead sister, to the odd racial subplot (which was powerful but didn't feel like it fit in this film), and the weird murders. Nothing about this film made sense. I was happy that the running time was normal because the slow plot and empty dialogue had me falling asleep at the beginning. The best part about the film was the kid and the relationship happening with his neighbor...ijs.

Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up with this movie. It is a waste of 2 productive hours, unless you're trying to take a nap, then this film is perfect...lol. Such a surprisingly huge disappointment...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment