Monday, February 27, 2017

Movies in Review: "Get Out"

Anyone who watched the trailer for this film finished the trailer and felt like your mind was just taken on a trip that you couldn't understand. I knew I had to see this movie because I need answers and closure from the short psychological trip the trailer had sent me on. This movie has been getting so much buzz and I had to see if it was all worth it. To add to the anticipation, the film is written & directed by Jordan Peele of Key & Peele. From what I've seen from Peele's comedic talents only added more interest with how he wrote and directed this film. I had no idea what to expect, although I think I was going to get more nonsense than anything, I still had to see it for myself.

This movie is straight bananas. The trip that the trailer sent you on only gets extended in the film. I'm not a fan of horror flicks, and even less of comedic horrors, which often have a way of being cheesy, but not this one. Everything about this movie was on point. It had horror and comedy without dabbling into the cheese pool. The music was on point and had me jumping in my seat. The characters and performances were great, with my favorite character being TSA agent Rod played perfectly by the comedian Lil Rel Howery. He was the perfect comic relief, in the midst of the horror. I think the film did a great job of building the story all the way to the end. There Peele gave excellent direction for scenes that added to the chills and creeps, like the scene when the main character Chris went upstairs and the reaction of the guests downstairs, which was crazy...lol. All I'm going to do is shake my head at Rose Armitage...smh.


This movie is everything. It is the right bit of crazy, horror, and comedy in an entertainment filled flick. I would honestly watch this movie again, but you need to get to the theater and make sure you see it at least once...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment