Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Movies in Review: "A Cure for Wellness"

So this weekend I was having a tough choice choosing which films I was going to see. There were 3 major released films this weekend, none of which I was overly excited to see, except for maybe Fist Fight. When it came to the other 2 released films you would have thought I would have picked the one starring Matt Damon, but instead chose this psychological thriller. I think I chose this movie because the trailer captured my interest far more than The Great Wall, although the Matt Damon film did look visually remarkable. I was secure in my two film choices, a comedy, and thriller. I think my main reason for choosing A Cure for Wellness is because the trailer kind of put me in the mind of the film Shutter Island, which happens to be one of my top rated movies. I was hoping to get some of the same experience Shutter Island gave me, but unfortunately this was not the case.

As bad as my review may sound at times, the film didn't start off that bad, unfortunately it just didn't develop or end well. There was a bit too much going on in the film that sent the plot all over the place. This film had the potential to be really good, but had far too many scenes that left you asking "What the hell is going on". This movie could have been 30min shorter because it felt as if the writers took the story into so many turns there was no real end. The ending was so weird, I seriously wanted to punch someone for having me waste 2hrs of my time for it. There were times in the film you thought it was the finale, and but then the movie continued on. I kid you not, this movie is just weird.

I was expecting this film to be so much better, and it had the potential to be. The writers for this film went way overboard and sent the story into a black hole, a waist of a good 2+ hrs. Unfortunately there was no cure for wellness, but they should have focused more on a cure for this ending...womp womp...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment