Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Movies in Review: "Swiss Army Man"

You ever watch a trailer for something that looks crazy as hell but you still want to see it. This was the case for me with this movie. Check the trailer to see what I'm talking about when I say crazy...crazy right!? However the film does star Paul Dano, who I find to be a remarkable young actor, and it also stars that kid from those Harry Potter films, Daniel Radcliffe. I don't know much about Radcliffe outside of those Potter films, but I did find him surprisingly interesting in the trailer for this movie. As crazy as the trailer looks, I had to go see this movie just to see how this mess played out.

Omg...this movie was insane...lol. I seriously felt like I was high, or at least I should have been high while watching it. When watching this film you have to keep in mind that it is comedy-drama FANTASY film...let's not miss "fantasy". As ridiculous as I thought this story was, I also found it to be quite remarkable. I enjoyed the imagination and creativity of it all. It made it more hilarious and enjoyable to watch. It is seriously unlike any film you have seen in a while. Some of you may not get it, and others will appreciate the art and expression. I enjoyed the performances, and the story for the most part because it kept sending for a loop, but the ending missed me a bit, and I left the theater totally baffled...lol.

This is definitely a movie I would recommend to my potheads. Seems like something you can sit there and over analyze and talk about for hours while getting the munchies...lol. This movie is also great for anyone who loves a film that steps outside of the box. This is definitely one of those movies...A-


No comments:

Post a Comment