Monday, February 29, 2016

Movies in Review: "Triple 9"

Did anyone see a trailer for this movie in the theaters. I know I didn't. All I saw was the theatrical poster on the subway walls...smh. Although there wasn't heavy marketing set around this film, the poster of 4 men covered in red paint wearing masks was definitely enough to peak my interest. For those of you like myself who don't know what this movie is about, here is the trailer. Trailer looks great right!? Lol...

This movie had a lot of good and bad things going for it. One of the standouts was it's cast. This movie is filled with great actors, who unfortunately had to run with a script that did nothing with their talents. Kate Winslet that Russian accent was god awful...lol...ijs. I found it hard to believe she was head of the Russian Mafia...smh. Michael K. Williams, not a good look, not a good look at all for you sir...smh. The rest of the cast I have no complaints about, all stellar, and thank goodness for this. It was the cast's performances that made this movie worth sitting through because the story had so many holes it almost felt incomplete. Don't worry, you won't really notice it until the end when you find yourself wondering what the hell all of this was about...lol.

This movie had the potential to be great, but failed to really impress me as much as the trailer did. There are some really nice action scenes, and thrills. I definitely found myself more impressed with the cast than the movie itself though...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment