Monday, February 22, 2016

Movies in Review: "Eddie the Eagle"

The trailer for this film definitely had me hooked. Not that anything was exceptional about the trailer, but I love a good underdog story. It was hard not to fall in love with Eddie's perseverance. Not to mention every time I watched the interaction between Eddie and his Mum it warmed my heart and made me smile. :)

The talented star of the film, Taron Egerton, has a very bright future ahead of him. You might remember him from The Kingsman as "Eggsy". I loved this young man as Eddie. I think he did a great job of representing Eddie's real likeness. Eddie is a character himself in the film, but the enjoyment of the movie is intensified by his parents, who add a great bit of humor to the film. I enjoyed them the most. Hugh Jackman was cool, but nothing really special about his performance.~shrugs

I enjoyed this movie very much. A great feel-good movie that will have you leaving the theater smiling. I found it to be a true inspiration. Good movie to take your tween too, although they might find it corny...lol. A nice story filled with heart and humor. This makes a nice date movie or something I'd see at a matinee...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment