Monday, October 5, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Martian"

The cast alone is enough to peak anyone's interest in this movie. This movie is cast with some dynamic talent, and after watching the trailer, my anticipation only grew. After a few months of lack-luster movie releases, we are finally on the upswing again. Good movies make like better (who agrees?)...lol. Ridley Scott held it down in the director's chair, and although his latest releases haven't been much to brag about, I knew he had a winner on his hands with this one.

You know how you expect a movie to be good, but walk out of the theater with the movie with it still being better than those high expectations. Yes this is one of those movies. My only complaint is that the movie really jumped right into action, and there really wasn't much build-up or introduction, but my dislike is minor. Everything else about this movie I loved. Matt Damon shines in this role. I loved when Damon gets comfortable in a role. It felt like I was watching the real person, instead of an actor playing a character. The humor in this movie is solid and adds a light edge to a tense situation. The writing, directing, and performances were all on point. Matt Damon was the focal point, but every character made an impact in the movie. For those wondering if it's like Gravity, it's not. There is way more to see in this film. I enjoyed the way Matt Damon had to find a way to survive until rescued. Watching his skills and training being pushed to the limit had me in awe. This movie had me in awe of the NASA program, even though I know this film is science-fiction, there is still some truth in everything. I am amazed by intellect that is featured in this film.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies this year. Someone told me they wished this movie had more action. Whaaaaa??? It's Space, what type of action sequences are you expecting? This movie is more than visually entertaining. The movie is a bit long, but I can't recall one dull moment. I don't say this much, but this is a Must see...A!


No comments:

Post a Comment