Monday, October 12, 2015

Movies in Review: "99 Homes"

The movie trailer for this kinda hit close to home. I know too many people who lost their homes to foreclosure. I'm a fan of Andrew Garfield, and Michael Shannon is such a riveting actor, I had this one on my personal must-see list. The trailer tore at my heart-strings, and had my attention. I expected the movie to do the same.

Ugh...this one was just too damn hard to watch. I was on the verge of tears, and anger throughout most of the movie. You know how something is portrayed on film there is always some truth to it in life. I'm not sure this was the film's aim, but I left the theater hating bankers, brokers, and the judicial system...smh. Let me just say, you will too. Besides my own personal feelings, the movie was great. It has a strong plot and great performances by both of their leads. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks Michael Shannon is the creepiest, heartless man on-screen. He seriously scares me...lol. 

This one is a winner, but be prepared to have your emotions in an uproar. I'm still pissed. Although just a story, I'm having a hard time separating it from the truth of how things are happening in the housing industry. The 80yr old man though...smh...Ugh. Don't you love it when a movie has your mind twisted...I do...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment