Monday, April 28, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Other Women"

I was so looking forward to seeing this movie. Why? Well who doesn't enjoy Leslie Mann in a comedic movie, and Cameron Diaz...love her. I found the trailer for this movie to be so cute. I love chick flicks! I was only hoping it was going to be as good as I expected. I'm happy to say I was pleased :)

I was a little surprised at how packed the theater was to see this movie, and even more surprised to see that it is a box office hit and came out #1 this weekend. Just let me get the negative stuff out of the way first...the story is seriously unbelievable and far-fetched throughout. That's it...that's the only negative review I have for it, because this movie was so freakin hilarious, who cares. Leslie Mann was in her element and her and Diaz were a perfect comedy storm. I was so surprised at how hard I was laughing, and each laugh caught me off guard. Something so simple as Mann's character peeping through a door peep-hole had me in tears. I thought Nicki Minaj would be annoying, but she was a great addition to this comedy. Ok, her voice was a little annoying, but she was still funny as hell too. It gives you laughs like Bridesmaids gave us, but no question Bridesmaids is still the best female comedy.

This is a total chick flick, but there were men in the theater laughing their hearts out too. If you don't take the story-line too seriously, you will definitely come out of the theater with a smile on your face. If you are in need of a good laugh, I definitely recommend this one. This movie totally lifted my mood. As silly as most of it was, I still have to give it props for great humor...B+

Just an UPDATE...on the fence of whether I am going to continue this blog, hence the reason there were no reviews last weekend. As much as I enjoy movies, spending an entire beautiful weekend in the theater has lost its appeal. At this time I will continue to write reviews, but I am not stressing about seeing every single new weekend release...I do have a life, and I care more about enjoying it than I do about this blog. I appreciate the love and support I have received, and hope you will continue to read, enjoy, and follow.

Love,
ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment