Monday, April 7, 2014

Movies in Review: "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"

If you read my review for the first Captain America, I think I made it very clear that Captain America is my least favorite super-hero. I find him to be dull when compared to the others, however I was looking forward to seeing this second installment of our first superhero. Unfortunately my anticipation had more to do with The Winter Soldier character than Captain America. However, all of my dislike for Cap changed after seeing this movie...Captain America is a bad mofo!

Finally! Captain America has some life! He was so badass in this movie I was too excited for words. I loved the action sequences in this movie. Wham! Bam! Boom! all over the place in this movie. The best action sequence came near the beginning of the movie with the car chase with Nick Fury. Wow...what a well directed sequence. The opening scene already had my interest, but this scene had me locked in. Nice touch on The Winter's Soldier, although I wish they would have elaborated more on how he came to be. His character is awesome, and I look forward to seeing him in future films. I have complaints about the confusing story line, but everything else about the movie was so good, I'm not even gonna waste my time with it. I do want to say kudos to Mackie for doing his thing as Falcon. Johansson is always great, although her make-up looked a bit on the orange side in some scenes...ijs.

Much respect to Captain America, he is definitely a superhero to be reckoned with. Shame on me for talking mess about him...lol. This movie is all that...for the most part. You won't be disappointed with this one that's for sure...A-

SIDENOTE: Was anyone feeling the final scene after the credit? Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment