Monday, January 13, 2014

Movies in Review: "Lone Survivor"

I have always enjoy a good war film, although I haven't seen a good one in a while. The thing that drew me in to see this movie was that it was based on a true story, and the cast was up to par. My expectations weren't high for this one, although I did expect it to be good. To my surprise, this movie was better than good, it was great. You ever leave a movie and have chills, and find yourself thinking about it days later? Well this is one of those movies. It is intense x2!

The movie starts out at a slow pace as we get introduced to the characters, and get an idea of the story. What I enjoyed before the opening credits was actual video of US Navy Seals in training. I thought this brought a lot to the story because it helped to give background on the characters skills, training, and job as Navy Seals. The videos also help to make the characters real.

I loved the cast, who all portrayed a strong bond and brotherhood that seemed to come naturally. There is humor in the beginning that will make you smile, and draw you in and care for each of these men. Everything is great until the first gunshot goes off. Once this happens, this movie totally takes off. The camera shots of the combat scenes had me gripping my chair. The cinematography gave this movie so much life. I swear I found myself on the verge of puking a couple of times from the jumping cliff scenes. Those scenes were crazy! OMG! Wow...Intense! This movie doesn't take a break until the end, and by then the audience felt triumphant as is we were in the fight.

I am surprised, but this is another must see. This movie ended with applause from the movie audience, and it was well deserved...A-!

No comments:

Post a Comment