Monday, January 6, 2014

Movies in Review: "Her"

For me, there was just something so eloquent and appealing about the trailer for this movie. The trailer drew me completely in. It looked like a very interesting story, that was different from most of the movies I've seen this year. I know many of you had to have felt the same way, that is if you have any interest in a well made movie.

This movie is for those who love the art in theatrical films. It is for those who can enjoy the subtleties of the writing, the music, beautifully shot scenes that make for an exceptional film. A movie where everything done has a masterful purpose. This is how this movie made me feel. In my opinion, it was divinely done, and deserves the acclaim it has received. I don't think you could have picked a better actor than Joaquin Phoenix to play Theodore Twombly. He was perfect in every way. Johansson gave the voice of Samantha such life. It wasn't hard to see why Twombly fell for her. The colors and music in the film added so much depth to the story. I loved how Amy Adams appeared to have very little make up on. Styling and make up were very well done.

Not only was this film beautiful to look at, but it had one of the best written stories to go along with it. The subtle humor will likely have you laughing out loud. I am surprised I enjoyed this movie so much, but this is what movies are made of. This is why I enjoy theatrical features so much. Sometimes I forget why I like movies, until one like this comes along to remind me. If this is playing in a theater near you, you need to go see it...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment