Sunday, June 23, 2013

Movies in Review: "World War Z"

I must first admit that I am not the biggest fan of horror/zombie movies. It's been a while since I have seen a movie in this genre with any substance. Also the trailer for this movie didn't move me at all. The only thing I found interesting in the trailer was Brad Pitt, who I haven't seen in a movie in a while, so I may have been going through a little withdrawal...lol. Needless to say I likely would have passed on this one, but it was either World War Z or Monsters University. The horror flick won because I wasn't a fan of Monster's Inc., so there was now way I wanted to see Monster's University...

Kudos to me for giving this one a chance because I really enjoyed it. The outbreak spread like wildfire, and if it wasn't a movie, it would have been impossible to control in real life. It would have been nice to know exactly how things got started, and I could have used more background on Pitt's character Gerry. Character development was about the only thing this movie was missing. Because there was so much movement, action and suspense, I gave character development a pass.

This movie had great suspense. I was on the edge of my seat throughout most of the film. This movie kind of had an "I Am Legend" feel, but with more characters. I enjoyed Pitt and the secondary characters. I entered the theatre expecting to be put to sleep, but walked out with a chill. Finally a zombie movie that delivers, and is well worth watching...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment