Sunday, June 16, 2013

Movies in Review: "This is the End"

Ok so I had absolutely no expectations for this movie. The theatrical trailer looked like a joke, so I was really expecting a bunch of humorless nonsense. I'm surprised I took the time to even go see it. If it wasn't for the free movie ticket I received, I probably would have definitely passed on this one, especially since I'm not the biggest fan of Rogen or Franco lately.

This movie was stupid from the word ACTION...but I can't front, it was also hella funny...lol. All of the characters in the movie are playing fictional versions of themselves. This film is packed full of comedic actors/actresses who make special appearances, including Kevin Hart. Don't get too excited about that though, Kevin's role in the film made no kind of significant mark. However Michael Cera was absolutely hilarious, and I wish he had a bigger role. Rogen was his same annoying self, and as the director, he should have just killed himself just so I wouldn't have to sit through his lame antics...smh. Luckily the other main characters saved me from being focused on Rogen. McBride was my favorite, and the scene with Franco and McBride had me pissing in my pants...lol. This movie is full of nonsense, but all of it was fun to watch. I especially enjoyed the ending...very cute.

The men would definitely love this one, mainly because its full of stupid ish that men do or would find funny. Females if you have an easy going sense of humor, there is some enjoyment in it for you too. I will say this again, this movie is funny nonsense, but it's funny so what else do you want from a comedy...B-

2 comments:

  1. THIS WAS TRULY A MAN MOVIE... AND YES DANNY MCBRIDE STOLE THE SHOW... BUT TO ME IT WAS BETTER THAN THE INTERNSHIP SO I'D GIVE IT A SOLID B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie was def funnier than The Internship, but as you said it's a "Man Movie", so of course you would give it more preference. Internship is more of a chick flick, so it appealed to me more. I was surprised I even laughed at this one...lol

    ReplyDelete