Monday, November 12, 2012

Movies in Review: "Flight"

Yes due to super storm Sandy, I am a week late with this one. But who cares, I still have to chime in with my opinion of it. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this movie, and was disappointed that I was unable to see it opening weekend. There was nothing that really grabbed me about the trailer, but it did look like the character Denzel was playing in it was different from many of his earlier roles. This is probably what caught my attention the most, well that and John Goodman...lol.

I am happy to say that the movie played out nothing like I expected, but was as good as I hoped it would be. In the second weekend out, the theatre I watched it was sold out. I enjoyed how the audience became invested in Denzel's character "Whip", a functioning alcoholic and drug user. Watching Whip struggle with his addiction was a crazy ride. You might find yourself debating if he or the plane was at fault for the tragic accident...I know I did. Denzel did a great job with Whip. I also enjoyed Goodman, as I hoped I would. He added great comic relief. His part was small, but greatly relevant. The story was well written and played out. I enjoyed how the ending was unpredictable and real.

This is a drama that I think will appeal to almost every one's liking. If you are a Denzel fan, you will be happy to know this is another one of his good ones...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment