Monday, January 31, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Way Back"

Was waaaaaaaayyyyyy too long. It is a film about Siberian prisoners who escape their prison camp and trek from Siberia alllllllll the way to India on foot. That's one hell of a walk, but it seemed that this film tried to document every waking moment of the trip. I mean come on! How much action are you gonna really get just walking across the map. I mean you get the usual and expected, like the treacherous weather conditions, lack of food and water, people dying off because of the treacherous weather conditions and lack of food and water...smh. I mean the film was good. It had a great cast including Ed Harris (who I love) and Colin Farrell (who always seems to play a dick in his movies...smh). If war films are your thing, then you may enjoy it. But I recommend that you not try to watch this film late, or tired because you may definitely find yourself falling asleep.

But like I said it was ok for what it was worth, I just don't think the story was entertaining enough to make a whole film out of it...C!

No comments:

Post a Comment