Monday, September 17, 2018

Movies in Review: "A Simple Favor"

The trailer for this movie left me hanging on a cliff and wondering what the hell happened to Emily. I wanted and need to know...that's a good trailer...lol. I am not the biggest fan of Blake Lively, I can honestly take her or leave her. However, she did look absolutely amazing in the trailer, and I'm always here for that. Besides, I can usually count on Anna Kendrick, so I rested most of the weight of this film on her. Well, also Paul Feig directed it, and I'm a fan of his work too. I took my chances and was confident I wouldn't be completely disappointed. If anything, I'd have Lively's wardrobe to take away as ideas to duplicate later. Still a win win ~shrugs.

This for sure is one of my favorite performances from Lively. It felt like she was being herself, which made her performance on-screen that much better. Not to mention she is drop dead gorgeous and killed the game with everything she wore. Her style alone gets points...seriously. Kendrick was a regular Kendrick self, which worked well with Lively. I have a warm spot for dark comedies, and this one was on point, if not on another level. There are moments in the movie that are so dark, but a comedic twist is put on it, so your feel that darkness and find yourself laughing at the same time. I enjoy movies that can twist my emotions like this. This movie has a Gone Girl feel too it, except with way more twists. A very well written story.

I kind of loved this movie. It had everything that in it that I enjoy about films, including a very complicated plot. I was glued to the screen, and my emotions were turned upside down. You will easily find yourself emotionally tangled in this film until the credits roll and walking out of the theater with your mind blown. This movie wasn't perfect, but I highly recommend seeing it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment