Monday, September 10, 2018

Movies in Review: "Peppermint"


I like a good revenge thriller film with Man on Fire, and Law-Abiding Citizen being two of my favorites. Although Jennifer Garner isn't one of my top-rated actresses, I found her appealing in this female led revenge thriller called Peppermint. I liked the trailer for this film. I thought Garner looked bad ass, and I the story seemed interesting enough to take a chance and see it. My expectations were about average for this film. I was expecting to be entertained, a maybe a little more ~shrugs.

Hmmmmmmmm...well...I was entertained, but that's about it. Garner was definitely a bad ass in this movie, but her action sequences were about the only thing going for it, and unfortunately it wasn't enough. Unlike some of my favorite revenge films, this movie lacked a great plot and depth. It was only filled with revenge. There was very little backstory into Garner's character's life. There was about 15min of her and her family life before it all went left. All of it felt a little rushed and sometimes unbelievable. I think Garner was great for the role, but I some of the actions were too over the top for me to believe any female of her stature could pull off ~shrugs. The revenge sequences should have fit the character. I wish there was more to the story than just revenge. It made the film less thrilling and a little dull. There was way too much of it.

This movie had the potential to be better than what it was, but very little was put in the story. This film has nothing new to offer to make it worth paying to see. Garner is great, but she will be just as great from the comfort of your couch on cable TV...ijs...D+


No comments:

Post a Comment