Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Movies in Review: "Mile 22"

Mark Wahlberg is my man when it comes to action thrillers, and there was nothing that you could tell me shouldn't have been great about this movie from the trailer. It had a great cast, action, and everything else I'd expect from an action thriller...right!? In my opinion, my expectations should have been easily met. So Why am I sitting here with the face of disappointment?

Ummmmmmm...this movie went wrong from the opening scene. There was no story or character development in this film. Just a movie with Mark Wahlberg's character yelling from start to finish ~shrugs. This movie had the potential to be great, however it failed miserably. Where was the story? It was a very short hour and 30min of male bravado, shooting scenes and not much else. I have no idea what the hell was happening in this film...seriously. Can someone please fill me in on its purpose because I was more than lost at what was going on.

This movie has no development. I have no clue as to what the story was. It felt like a video game that played out very wrong. It felt like this movie moved at a fast pace for no reason. I wish I had more to say than this movie was a waste of time...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment