Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Movies in Review: "Crazy Rich Asians"

When I first watched the trailer for this film I was floored, and definitely put it on my list for movies to see. An all Asian cast movie? Yes...I'm here for this. From what I watched in the trailer, there was nothing that was going to keep me from seeing this film. It looked fun, cute and entertaining. I am thrilled to see a film like this to hit theaters and feel we need more like them. The cast looked amazing and I was eager to see what this movie has to offer.

This movie was a box office hit this weekend and for the right reasons. I got everything I watched in the trailer and more. This film's entertainment value was on another level. Can I first talk about how visually stunning this film was? This movie was not lacking in color, which I am a fan of. One of my favorite scenes was the wedding scene. OMG...although this scene was near the end of the movie, it stood out as visually one of the best scenes in the film. Applause to the creative put into that wedding scene. I'd like to also give some love to the cast, who were phenomenal. It is hard not to be drawn to the relationship of Rachel and Nick. They were adorable. I loved how Nick's character described and introduced members of his family at the beginning of the film. It was easy to fall in love with Nick's cousin Astrid, who is stunning, and Rachel's college friend played by Awkwafina, whose family adds life and humor to the story. This film has more than a few characters that you will find yourself loving and drawn to.

This film has entertainment value. You will find yourself drawn to the characters or captured by what you see visually. This movie has more than enough to appeal to. all your senses. This film is fun, cute, humorous, and enough to make it work seeing...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment