Friday, February 9, 2018

Movies in Review: "Peter Rabbit"


Yeah I know I've been MIA for a few weeks, but don't worry, I haven't abandoned this blog (yet), I've just been busy or very disinterested in the movies that have been released ~shrugs...Sue me...lol. I have been super busy and did and haven't had a chance to catch up on a number of films I did want to see. I was happy a friend passed me these tickets for an early showing for Peter Rabbit, as I knew I would be busy this weekend and it would be a struggle to try and see. However I was more than pleased than me and my little movie date (my 5yr old son) were able to catch this early viewing because this was a movie both of us were excited to see. I love live action animated films, but it was James Corden cast as the voice of Peter Rabbit that actually sealed the deal for me. Not to mention 2 of my other favorite actors, Rose Byrne and Domhnall Gleeson were also cast...wins all around. I and my sidekick enjoyed the trailer and expected great things from the film ~fingers crossed :).

I really really enjoyed this movie. There were a few meh parts, but for the most part, the film was filled with spot on entertainment. There weren't too many dull moments as the characters, especially the rabbits were in some of the funniest predicaments. Corden shined as Peter Rabbit and had me laughing out loud throughout. His sisters were great additions to this funny bunch, with each of them having their own sparkling personalities. Byrne is an amazing comedic actress, so of course she shined in this role. She and Gleeson worked magically on-screen together. Although my kid liked the movie, the humor was a little above his age group, so his interest waned throughout the film.

I would put this in the category of a good family film. There is enjoyment to be had for everyone, as long as the little ones aren't too young. I laughed, I was entertained and for the most part very satisfied with this movie. I guess it also didn't hurt that I watched it for free, but I'd also pay for it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment