Monday, February 26, 2018

Movies in Review: "Game Night"


I love a dark comedy, and no one delivers them better than Jason Bateman, who seriously knocks this movie genre out of the park. I thought the trailer for this film was decent enough, but it was definitely Bateman who hyped my anticipation for this film. It was a bonus that Rachel McAdams is cast, as she also shines in roles like this. As most movie goers, I am still coming off of my Marvel high of Black Panther. However a comedic break from the fabulosity we all know as Wakanda was still in order. I expected to laugh, and enjoy this film. So there was little worry for me when purchasing this ticket.

I thought this movie would be good, but it still found a way to exceed my tepid expectations. The best part about this movie was the entire cast, whose chemistry set this movie on another level, especially McAdams and Bateman. Their scenes were hysterical. I laughed throughout the film, but I also found myself laughing so hard I was in tears...lol. The writing and story were fun, with interesting twists. The cast kept the movie going at a nice pace as everyone owned their scenes and were great characters for the film.

If you are able to move on from Wakanda, I seriously recommend this comedy as your next stop. I don't think you will find yourself disappointed...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment