Monday, June 5, 2017

Movies in Review: "Wonder Woman"

DC Comic movies have been failing me. I haven't seen a good movie from DC Comics since The Dark Knight. So please forgive me if I was a little less than excited when I watched the trailer for this Wonder Woman film. I wasn't as impressed by the trailer as most. Although as a child I was a huge fan of Wonder Woman TV series. I guess I was afraid to get my hopes up again only to leave the theater more than disappointed. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was confident DC Comics would find some way to mess it up...ijs...

I am happy to say I was more than wrong about this film. It has a running time of well over 2hrs, but I could have sat and watched forever. First off let's give a round of applause to Gal Gadot who held down our favorite Goddess Diana Prince. Gadot was beautiful, funny, and had such great screen presence. Her action sequences were amazing and she didn't miss a step. It was a visually pleasing spectacle, as were most of the action scenes in this film, especially the scene with the Amazons on the beach. Was I the only one who got goosebumps and chills from that scene? All of those powerful women doing their thing was a beautiful sight to see. We don't see women play enough roles like these. Women were standing out on their own instead of being the visual beauty next to a man. I found this film to be very empowering for women.

I enjoyed the story, and also the chemistry between Gadot and Pine. They were fun and adorable. There are also a number of other interesting characters that keeps this film filled with entertaining and filled with excitement. I admit the film kind of started to fizzle at the end, but only slightly. The rest of the film packs so much power, you won't even notice.


DC Comics got this one right. This visual effects were amazing and would recommend catching them on a premium screen if possible. This film packs so much power, and Gadot did the Wonder Woman of old justice. I'm looking forward to more films in this franchise, but for now, just go see this one...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment